Audiobooks. Lockdown. And new Opportunities
Who would think that staying at home can be so challenging and tough?! I’m sure, most of us dreamed of a week or better a month off work. But now when we have it, it doesn't feel as satisfying as we imagined it would.
But, don’t panic. Pandemic can keep us in lockdown for weeks or even months, but it can't imprison our spirit and it, for sure, can't stop us from growing personally and professionally.
Tough times are not to break us but to give new opportunities for a change.
It's time to reset our mindset and just to take a moment to look around at things that in the chaos of daily responsibilities we had no time to even notice.
For some, it may be just the right time to think about their dreams with a bit more seriousness.
Life is not an endless event but a span of moment that can stop at any minute.
For some, it may be a call to reorganize their lives, to actually find a window on their schedule list for family. For some, it may be the time to step up the path of personal growth. For some, it may be the opportunity to become better professionally by having these hours of free time that you could use on pumping your professional skills.
Whatever it is, I’m sure you can use this time in lockdown beneficially for your future. So today, I prepared a list of audiobooks that can keep you a company and help you to grow as a person and as a professional.
List #1: Business
- The Fortune Cookie Principle: The 20 Keys to a Great Brand Story and Why Your Business Need One.
By Bernadette Jiwa
- Hug Your Haters: How to Embrace Complaints and Keep Your Customers.
By Jay Baer
- The Positive Dog: A Story About the Power of Positivity.
By Jon Gordon
- The Secret of the Seven Seeds: A Parable of Leadership and Life.
By David Fischman
List #2 Personal Growth
- Don't Keep Your Day Job: How to Turn Your Passion into Your Career.
By Cathy Heller
- Do the Work: The Official Unrepentant, Ass-Kicking, No-Kidding, Change-Your-Life Sidekick to Unfu*k Yourself.
By Gary John Bishop
- Get Out of Your Own Way: A Skeptic’s Guide to Growth and Fulfillment.
By Dave Hollis
- Best Self: Be You, Only Better.
By Mike Bayer
List #3 Health & Fitness
- Head Strong: The Bulletproof Plan to Activate Untapped Brain Energy to Work Smarter and Think Faster-in Just Two Weeks.
By Dave Asprey
- The Rise of Superman: Decoding the Science of Ultimate Human Performance.
By Steven Kotler
- Lifespan: Why We Age-and Why We Don't Have To.
By David A. Sinclair
- Emotional Detox: 7 Steps to Release Toxicity and Energize Joy.
By Sherianna Boyle
List #4 Lifestyle
- Whiskey in a Teacup.
By Reese Witherspoon
- Craig & Fred: A Marine, A Stray Dog, and How They Rescued Each Other.
By Craig Grossi
- Face to Face: The Art of Human Connection.
By Brian Grazer
- Dressed in Dreams: A Black Girl's Love Letter to the Power of Fashion.
By Tanisha C. Ford
- At the Center of All Beauty: Solitude and the Creative Life.
By Fenton Johnson
Now, you can use your time more efficiently. While cooking or cleaning or even taking a bath, you can passively feed your mind with impactful information that like a treasure is hidden on the pages of these books. And a good news is you don’t even have to keep your eyes open in order to get an access to it.
What a lovely time we live.
Audiobooks can make your today better. Pick yours and enjoy. My appreciations to each and every of you.